Jackson County aims for a less bureaucratic/more entrepreneurial, less tradition-bound/more flexible approach to government. We take pride in our work and are privileged to serve some of the friendliest, most unique and independent people in the United States.
Jackson County is governed by a three-member Board of Commissioners who are nominated and elected from the County at large, serving four-year overlapping terms. The County Administrator, a position created by ordinance, is appointed by and reports to the County Commissioners.
Jackson County’s mission is to provide public services that protect and enhance the quality of life in the County, as determined by the people, laws, and available resources.
Strategic Plan Goals
- Protect the health, safety, and well-being of all citizens.
- Provide opportunities for all citizens to prosper by promoting the economic development of the area.
- Work to assure responsible development that both enhances and maintains the natural attractiveness of the area.
- Make recreational, learning, and cultural opportunities accessible and available.
- Provide and maintain multiple transportation systems.
- Utilize current and future technology to enhance transparency in a cost-effective manner to provide essential services to County residents.